Nylon® (PA) is a semi-crystalline thermoplastic with low density and high thermal stability. It is noted for its toughness and excellent shock and fatigue resistance.
Its main limitation is its lack of elastic properties, although it has a good coefficient of friction and very good temperature and oil resistance properties.
This balance of properties makes PA polymer an ideal material to replace metal in many applications such as: automotive parts, industrial valves, insulating gaskets, pulleys and other industrial uses where design requires high strength, toughness and weight reduction.
MACLAMID is formulated for applications requiring medium to heavy loads:
- Wheels and Pulleys with plain bushings or bearings.
- Possibility of additives for specific applications (PA6. PA6.6, PA11, PA12, etc.).
- Food grade, conductive, sliding, etc.
- Additive with glass fibre, molybdenum disulphide, V0 UL94, etc.
- Finishes by machining: flat, convex, ribbed, finned, etc.
MATERIALS TECHNICAL REPORT
gr / cm³
3200 / 1000
20 / >50
85 / 45
IMPACT RESISTANCE CHARPY W/SADDLE, +23ºC
4,5 / 35
IMPACT RESISTANCE CHARPY W/SADDLE, +30ºC
2,5 / 5