It is a thermoplastic polyurethane transformed by the injection process.
The plastic material, introduced into the injector in the form of pellets, is melted at temperatures above 200ºC, compressed in a rotating screw and injected under pressure into the mould.
Its components do not differ from compact cast polyurethanes.
They are formed by the reaction between a polyol and an isocyanate, to which specific colourants and additives are added.
Their molecule chains are linear and non-cross-linked, which allows their fusion and subsequent compression.
MAC - TPU is formulated for applications requiring:
- Thin-walled parts and complicated profiles.
- Particularly suitable for medium and large series.
- Hardness range from 70ºShA to 74ºShD.
- Polyester, Polyether, Polycaprolactone base.
- For small and medium loads.
- With plain or bearing bushing running systems.
- Anti-hydrolysis formulations, foodstuffs, etc.
- Mixed wheels, with TPU banding and rigid cores.
- Finishes by machining: flat, cambered, ribbed, finned, etc.
At Macla we also inject with other technical polymers according to the specific needs of each customer:
- Polyester (Hytrel®)
- Acetal resins (Delrin®, Hostaforn®)
- Special resins